Master program application platform for candidates from foreign countries
What can I apply for?
- On this web-based application platform, candidates from foreign countries can apply for admission to our master‘s course of studies „Advanced Quantum Physics“
- Candidates interested in applying for the German-taught master‘s course of studies in (general) Physics can apply at the university‘s central application portal
- Candidates from Germany have to use the regular application.
- All candidates can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „How to apply“ page.
Deadlines for the application to the Master program for candidates from foreign countries needing a visa are…
- for the winter semester 2022/23: April 30, 2022
- for the summer semester 2023: October 31, 2022
For candidates already holding a visa and for candidates from the EU, the application deadlines are…
- for the summer semester 2022: January 15, 2022
- for the winter semester 2022/23: July 15, 2022
Please note that for the verification of foreign qualifications and certificates, the University of Kaiserslautern has to charge an assessment fee of 50 Euros. Some exceptions apply. For further information, please consult „Assessment fee“.
Application step by step
- Prepare your necessary documents as PDF-Files in advance (see the list given below)
- Register on our web-based application platform, fill out the form and upload your documents at your personal login page.
You don´t have to complete the application process in one step, you can log in and modify your application data repeatedly. When you are done, please press „Submit Application“.
- We will start to evaluate your application after the application deadline, if payment of the assessment fee is received until one week after this deadline, and will contact you in case we have further questions.
- We will inform you about the result of the application about 6 weeks after the application deadline by e-mail.
Please don´t ask about the status of your application. You can find your application data and status on your personal login page.
You can find further information about the application and selection procedure at the „How to apply“ page .
Can I apply before I finish my degree?
In case you do not finish your degree before the application deadline, you can apply with the documents you have available.
In particular, a current transcript is required. Please note that the assessment result will only be finalized after you submit
your final degree certificate and transcript. Final admission is required to apply for a visa.
What do I need to submit if I want to apply for the Master program?
To complete the application, please prepare the following documents as PDF-files (unless specified otherwise).
At the time of application, it is sufficient to submit electronic documents, i.e. no hardcopies need to be sent.
For enrolment, original documents have to be provided, which will be checked against the electronic documents.
The following electronic documents (PDF) are mandatory:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Degree certificate(s) (original language)
- Degree certificate(s) (certified translation)
- Transcript of records
- Description of subjects covered during your previous studies, e.g. syllabi
- Letter of motivation
(Please consider these guidelines for your Letter of Motivation.)
- 2 letters of recommendation from faculty staff of a university or research institute (PDF; can also be sent in paper form, if to be handled confidentially)
- English language qualification certificate (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL; see further details)
The following electronic documents (PDF) are not mandatory, but very useful and therefore recommended:
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Further qualifications
When applying, German proficiency is not required. However, the University of Kaiserslautern requires a proof of German proficiency within the first year of studies. This can be obtained while you study by taking a German course on A1 level, or by providing a certificate from a Goethe Institute on A2 level.